TikTok goes to Washington
The Verge's Nilay Patel, Alex Cranz, and David Pierce are joined by policy reporter Makena Kelly, who is on the ground in Washington for the House Energy and Commerce Committee's hearing on TikTok. Later, we dive into all the other news from this week, from Google's release of Bard to OpenAI's rapid expansion of ChatGPT. It was a big week.
TikTok ban hearing: all the news on the US’s crackdown on the video platform
- TikTok bans deepfakes of nonpublic figures and fake endorsements in rule refresh
- Google opens early access to its ChatGPT rival Bard — here are our first impressions
Google says its Bard chatbot isn't a search engine — so what is it?
- Testing Google Bard: the chatbot doesn’t love me, but it’s still pretty weird
- Google and Microsoft’s chatbots are already citing one another in a misinformation shitshow
- Sundar Pichai expects that ‘things will go wrong’ with Bard
- Can AI generate a way to pay for itself?
- GitHub Copilot gets a new ChatGPT-like assistant to help developers write and fix code
- Mozilla.ai is a new startup created to build more open and trustworthy AI
- OpenAI is massively expanding ChatGPT’s capabilities to let it browse the web and more
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices