Vibes from Strange Loop
This week we’re taking you to the hallway track of the final Strange Loop conference. First up is AnnMarie Thomas — an engineering, business, and education professor. AnnMarie gave one of the opening keynotes titled “Playing with Engineering.” We also caught up with many first-time and multi-time attendees who shared their favorite moments from Strange Loop over the years. You’ll hear from Richard Feldman, Colin Dean, and Taylor Troesh. Last up we talk with Pokey Rule. He gave a talk about his project called Cursorless which is a spoken language for structural code editing.
Changelog++ subscribers get a super extended version of this episode which includes everything we recorded at Strange Loop. Become a Changelog++ subscriber
Changelog++ members get a bonus 34 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Convex – Convex is a better type of backend — the full-stack TypeScript development platform that lets you replace your database, server functions, and glue code. Get started at convex.dev
- Neo4j – NODES 2023 is coming in October!
- Passbolt – It’s time for a new password manager. Read why
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- AnnMarie Thomas – Twitter, LinkedIn, Website
- Richard Feldman – Twitter, GitHub
- Taylor Troesh – GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Colin Dean – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Pokey Rule – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
Also, a huge thanks to Alex Miller (the organizer of Strange Loop) for being so kind to us and getting us there for the final Strange Loop. It was quite the experience.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!