3 Crucial Methods to Increase Work Productivity & How to Unlock Individual Success Through Collaboration
Today, I am talking to Daniel Coyle about how to thrive in a competitive and possibly toxic work environment. Daniel shares his expertise on how to effectively become a part of an organization when you’re a newbie, how to adapt to a high functioning team and still be able to make decisions as an individual, and how to cultivate teamwork both in virtual and real life settings.
Daniel Coyle is an American author and journalist known for his work on talent development, learning, and performance. He has written several bestselling books that explore the science of skill acquisition and the secrets of high-performing individuals and groups. Coyle's work has had a significant impact on fields such as education, sports coaching, and personal development, offering valuable insights into the process of acquiring and mastering skills. He has written several bestselling books including The Talent Code, The Culture Code, and The Culture Playbook.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:42 Culture is a set of living relationships, moving toward a goal together.
- 09:23 Safety is the foundation of everything
- 11:50 Reputational risk status is one of the biggest fears when it comes to joining a new company.
- 16:23 How can you stay connected to your work team but still able to reshape yourself?
- 18:18 Daniel explains what flash mentorship and how effective it can be.
- 21:36 In every conversation, send a signal and then wait and see where it’s going
- 24:12 How do you manage an exceptionally high performer within a group?
- 31:23 The value of appreciation and gratitude and feedback in any organization
- 38:08 Humility is being strong enough to realize that what you see is a tiny part of the equation
- 40:55 Find the right partner to help cultivate and develop teamwork
- 43:58 Creating a shared space It’s difficult to to create real connection in the virtual world but creating a shared space is a good workaround
- 47:49 What was your first job ever?
- 49:39 Trust is built on doing things together and experiencing the same things
- 51:12 Daniel on Final Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.