385: Learn To Navigate Your Relationship Triggers Better
Conflict is inevitable in relationships. Couples in healthy relationships do not try to avoid conflict, they navigate conflict in productive and healthy ways instead. Listen to today's show to learn what to do when you or your partner are triggered, and how to navigate these situations in the best way possible.
In this episode with Wendi Dumbroff, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- The vulnerability cycle that can occur when one partner is triggered and how this can create a negative spiral of conflict
- How to become aware of the cycles of fights you may be having in your relationship and navigate these conflicts better
- The importance of understanding the why's of you and your partner's triggers
- Understanding that we can't help what we feel, but we can help what we do with those feelings
- Tools to listen and validate your partner's feelings and examine your own
- How wounds from our family of origin affect how we show up in our relationships
- And much more!
Like A Kitten curates adult subscription boxes created to inspire and influence female sexual wellness. Like A Kitten is offering our listeners 15% off AND free shipping when you go to LikeAKitten.com/ido OR enter code IDO at checkout.
Spark My Relationship Course: Get $100 off our online course. Visit SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock for our special offer just for our I Do Podcast listeners!
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices