4 Steps to Build Emotional Maturity & Make Relationships Last (Tom Bilyeu Interviews Jay)
Do you like spending time alone or by yourself?
How does alone time help clear your mind and fuel positive thoughts?
Today, I am excited to share a conversation I had with Tom Bilyeu in his podcast, Impact Theory, where he interviews me about my profound journey through solitude, relationships, and self-love.
We kick things off by shedding light on the wisdom found in ancient texts like the Vedas, which many monks study in solitude. It's a reminder that spending time alone is not a sign of weakness; in fact, it can be a powerful tool for personal growth. I share the incredible benefits of allocating just one hour a week to being alone with your thoughts, a practice that can transform your life.
As we venture further into this enlightening conversation, we discuss the importance of dealing with life's challenges, share insights on daily meditation, and the complexities of loneliness and why it's essential to feel seen, heard, and understood in our relationships. With heartfelt anecdotes and wisdom, we explore the concept of love, self-worth, and the hard work required for genuine, lasting relationships.
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- How to be comfortable with being alone
- How to sit with your inner thoughts
- How to prepare for love
- The tips to finding true love
- How to make relationships last
- The impotence valuing self-worth
- How to build lasting trust on others
- How to maintain a successful marriage
Remember, relationships are just one part of our life's journey, and it's up to us to make it a meaningful and fulfilling one. Let’s navigate the complexities of life and relationships with wisdom and love.
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:35 Jay explains the vedas that most monks study in solitude
- 03:34 Loneliness is not the enemy while being alone is not a weakness
- 08:12 The benefits of allocating an hour a week to alone time
- 14:12 “This bad thing happened, and now what?”
- 17:31 Daily meditation has varying positive effects on people
- 18:47 Why do people struggle with being alone with their thoughts?
- 23:51 Allow yourself to have positive distractions and random thoughts
- 27:44 Loneliness is when you don’t feel seen, heard, or understood
- 30:46 How do you prepare for love?
- 34:01 Jay shares an unrecorded interview with his mom
- 35:32 “When you’ve experienced your strength, no one can make you feel weak.”
- 37:35 Why you should not turn to others to validate your self worth
- 38:59 Can doing hard things make life easier?
- 43:11 The absence of a good role model and proper tools can lead to making bad choices
- 45:15 On parenthood: Would you intervene or allow kids to learn about themselves?
- 49:06 Top 3 things that can help develop a successful relationship
- 54:38 Why do people select the wrong partner?
- 57:26 Jay talks about the four levels of trust we have for relationships
- 01:00:13 The desperation to be loved makes us give away trust so easily
- 01:02:20 True, genuine love takes hard work
- 01:05:01 How can you keep your marriage sacred and successful?
- 01:14:12 How to grow the relationship you’re currently in and in the right way
- 01:17:05 Jay explains the consciousness of the human soul
- 01:19:42 A relationship isn’t everything, it is not the be-all and end-all of your journey
- 01:22:55 Would you live your life in a hypothesis?
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.