405: Inspiration To Leave A Toxic Relationship
Life in India as a woman is much different than in the western world. Arranged marriages and a deeply patriarchal society are just two of the pressures that can make life difficult for an Indian woman. Add a toxic, abusive arranged marriage with kids involved to these cultural pressures and one could feel quite hopeless. This is exactly what Kanchan Moudgil had to go through and was able to come out the other side happy, healthy and with a positive outlook on life. Listen to today's show to hear Kanchan's inspirational story along with specific, actionable advice for what to do if you're in a toxic or abusive relationship.
In this episode with Kanchan Moudgil we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- What it's like to grow up in India with arranged marriages and a strong patriarchal hierarchy
- How to get out of a victim mentality
- How those who are in toxic relationships can justify an abusive situation and how to change the narrative
- Visualization as a tool to help exit a toxic relationship
- Developing the strength to leave an unhealthy relationship
- And much more!
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices