408: Why We Stay In Toxic Relationships
Are you in a relationship that does not feel good to you? Perhaps you're currently in a toxic relationship or you've been in one before? It can feel like you're stuck while you're in it or you may feel you're repeating the same pattern with unhealthy relationships. Listen to today's show to learn why we enter, stay and repeat toxic relationships and the key tools to break the patterns and enter into more healthy, happy relationships.
In this episode with Kierstyn Franklin we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How your subconscious may be attracting you to negativity and how to break this pattern
- Trauma bonding and addiction to the highs and lows of a unhealthy relationship
- Why we sometimes get stuck in the shame of a toxic relationship
- How to develop more self awareness and turn inward to break unhealthy patterns
- Recognizing the signs of abuse, gaslighting and other unhealthy relationship traits
- Addressing a toxic partner and how to recognize when to leave
- And much more!
BetterSleep knows when you sleep better, you feel better, so they've given you endless options of sounds and guided content curated just for you. Relationship Advice is sponsored by BetterSleep. Download BetterSleep from your App Store or Google Play.
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices