8 Strategies To Deal With Toxic Or Negative People In Your Life, Work, & Relationships
Have you ever found yourself surrounded by negative and toxic people, draining your energy and hindering your growth?
Are you getting tired of having to deal with them all the time?
Find out how to break free from the shackles of toxicity and cultivate a life filled with positivity, purpose, and meaningful connections.
Today, we will look deep into the realm of toxic relationships, toxic workplaces, and the detrimental effects they can have on our well-being. Learn practical ways to establish healthy parameters and constraints in various areas of your life, find the wisdom of accepting people as they are and focusing on your own growth and well-being, and gain insights into fostering healthier dynamics through structured approaches.
We can also learn how this practice can contribute to greater self-awareness and personal growth and empowering techniques to shift your focus and energy towards positive influences and experiences.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to set boundaries at work
- How to stop trying to fix others' flaws
- How to start creating systems that work for you
- The practice of being more empathetic to others
- How to minimize toxic people's impact in your life
With the wisdom of these transformative strategies, we can navigate life's challenges with grace and embrace the path to greater well-being and fulfillment.
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:47 How do we deal with negative and toxic people in our lives?
- 04:44 Many people feel alone even when they are surrounded by friends and family?
- 06:16 Do you have a toxic workplace? How many people do you know are working in one?
- 08:20 What is toxic leadership? Is this the main reason why employees leave their company?
- 10:41 Why do people feel like they’re in a poorly designed job?
- 15:53 Strategy #1: Set boundaries by setting parameters and constraints
- 18:03 Strategy #2: The 75/25 rule is when you spend 75% of your time and focus on people who lift you up, and the remaining 25% with people out of necessity
- 20:11 Strategy #3: We don’t need to fix the negative and toxic people in our life
- 21:39 Strategy #4: Systems are incredible ways of avoiding emotional baggage in an organization, in a team, and even in a relationship
- 23:33 Strategy #5: Create policies and agreements with yourself
- 26:14 Strategy #6: Notice where this trait comes from for them and try to understand it better
- 27:29 Strategy #7: Often, the trait you don't like in someone, it's a trait that you possess somewhere deep down inside
- 28:44 Strategy #8: Don’t amplify their presence
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.