A Journey to Sobriety with Laura Cathcart Robbins
Meet Laura Cathcart Robbins, an inspiring writer and speaker who advocates for representation and inclusivity in addiction recovery for people of color. Laura has transformed her personal journey into a message of hope and resilience that has touched the lives of countless individuals. Her powerful storytelling, vulnerability, and candid approach to her writing have made her a sought-after personal essayist and author of a captivating memoir. Laura's passion for promoting empathy and understanding within the recovery community is evident in her dedication to fostering inclusivity, making her a remarkable guest and champion for change.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Learning to distinguish between intuition and instinct
- How she was able to claim her recover for herself as opposed to for others
- Finding the creative outlet of writing and reading to help her connect with her authentic self
- How she found herself at the intersection of race, privilege, and addiction
- Understanding the importance of inclusivity and representation in overcoming addiction
For more info, click here.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.