A Post-Roe Update on Male Birth Control
The number one way to prevent an unplanned pregnancy (apart from abstinence) is with contraception. But why does so much of that burden fall on women? In an eye-opening conversation about the development of male birth control, Dr. Brian Nguyen and Dr. Stephanie Page reframe pregnancy as an equally shared responsibility between two partners. They trace a line between the Dobbs v. Jackson decision and the need for male contraception, discuss the clinical trials happening right now, and explain why it’s a step toward building a culture of gender equity.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt.
Follow Dr. Brian Nguyen on Twitter @DrBrianTNguyen.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Learn about the male contraception trials underway: https://www.malecontraception.center/
- Read Stephanie’s piece in the New York Times about whether society is finally ready for male birth control: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/opinion/male-contraception.html
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.