All You Need to Know About Cholesterol Metabolism
This week, Dr. Danielle is back for part two of her highly requested cholesterol series, where she is setting you up with the foundational knowledge about cholesterol and lipid metabolism. She covers why this topic is so important for your health, and she arms you with the tools to debate any cholesterol denier or self-proclaimed bio-hacker at your next dinner party. In order to truly understand the way nutrition, diet, lifestyle, and medications impact cholesterol and heart disease, you have to understand lipid metabolism. The Cholesterol class is in session!
On today’s episode, Danielle addresses the following questions surrounding cholesterol metabolism:
- Why is lipid metabolism important?
- Where does cholesterol actually come from and how does your body make it? And how does your body get rid of cholesterol?
- What happens when cholesterol is turned into bile?
- What happens to VLDL, LDL, and HDL particles in the body? Where do they go?
- What happens when we eat food, including dietary cholesterol?
- How do the cells in your small intestine play a role in lipid metabolism?
- What are chylomicrons, what do they do, and why aren’t we measuring them?
- How does our body know how to regulate the amount of cholesterol it makes?
And much more!
Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to a generation that values fact over fiction! Be sure to rate, review, and follow on your favorite podcast app and let us know which not-so-wellness trend you’d like to hear debunked. Follow your host on Instagram @daniellebelardomd and the podcast @wellnessfactvsfiction
Thank you to our sponsors for making this episode possible. Check out these deals just for you:
COZY EARTH - Go to cozyearth.com and enter WELLNESS at checkout to SAVE thirty-five
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices