Bard Fork + How to Talk So Chatbots Will Listen
“It’s different because it’s Google.” Bard, Google’s answer to ChatGPT, could prove to be more consequential than any large language model to date — but it isn’t there yet.
Then, we hear from listeners on how they are using A.I. to negotiate their rent, understand medical results and affirm their gender identity.
Plus: Why Spotify’s A.I. D.J. may be a tipping point for artificial intelligence taking control of our lives.
You can sign up for On Tech: A.I. at nytimes.com/newsletters.
- Google released a new chatbot, Bard. Here’s what it does well — and not so well.
- After a conversation with Google’s executives, Casey Newton answers six questions about the large language model.
- Interior AI is a design tool that makes interior design mock-ups using artificial intelligence.
- Spotify unveiled a new A.I.-powered D.J.
- In his book “Futureproof,” Kevin Roose outlines the concept of “machine drift” — the concept that people will gradually turn over more of their life to the decisions of algorithms.