Can ChatGPT Make This Podcast?
It’s writing podcast scripts, finishing students’ homework and correcting mistakes in computer code: ChatGPT, the A.I. chatbot from OpenAI, is suddenly everywhere. Who should decide how it’s built? What could go wrong? And what could go right?
On today’s episode:
- Aviv Ovadya, a technologist and affiliate at Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society and a visiting scholar at Cambridge University Leverhulme Center for the Future of Intelligence.
- ChatGPT is inspiring awe and fear among users.
- Aviv Ovadya proposes governing tech platforms democratically through “platform democracy.”
- Meta’s Cicero AI is getting good at negotiating with humans.
- Researchers are diagnosing Parkinson’s using a phone, a patient’s voice and a machine learning model.