Emergency Pod: Elon Musk Owns Twitter
We look into the company’s weird new future with Times tech reporter Kate Conger. Plus, how Apple is single-handedly deciding the future of the digital economy, and a social media death watch.
- Kate Conger, a technology reporter in the San Francisco bureau of The New York Times
- Elon Musk has closed the $44 billion deal to own Twitter.
- In the lead up to the deadline to complete the acquisition of the social media service, Elon Musk visited Twitter’s San Francisco office and sought to reassure advertisers about his plans for the platform through a Tweet.
- Spotify has struggled to bring audiobooks onto its platform after Apple rejected Spotify’s new app three times.
- The CEO of Altimeter Capital, the hedge fund and Meta shareholder, wrote a critical open letter to Meta and Mark Zuckerberg.