Exploring Opill: The First Over-the-Counter Daily Oral Birth Control Pill with Dr. Carrie Jones
In today's episode with Dr. Carrie Jones, you’ll hear us take a deep dive on:
- What is Opill?
- Who can and who can't take it?
- Opill's benefits and side effects
- The impact of Opill on birth control
- Birth control education for teens
- Gut health and birth control pill effectiveness
Dr. Carrie Jones is a highly regarded naturopathic physician esteemed for her exceptional achievements in functional and integrative medicine. She holds the Chief Medical Officer position at NuEthix Formulations and Head of Medical Education at Metabolic Mentor University. With over seventeen years of expertise, Dr. Jones has become a recognized authority in naturopathic endocrinology, earning board certification in this specialized area.
Order tests through Rupa Health, the BEST place to order functional medicine lab tests from 30+ labs - https://www.rupahealth.com/reference-guide
The Root Cause Medicine podcast is available on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Instructions on how to rate and review The Root Cause Medicine Podcast can be found here
The Root Cause Medicine Podcast is created by Rupa Health, the best way to order, track & manage results from 30+ lab companies in one place for free.
- Dr. Carrie Jones’ Website
- Dr. Carrie Jones on LinkedIn
- Dr. Carrie Jones on Instagram
- Dr. Carrie Jones on TikTok
Rupa Health Details:
- Rupa Health's Website
- Rupa Health on LinkedIn
- Rupa Health on Instagram
- Rupa Health on Tik Tok
- Rupa Health on YouTube
- Rupa Health Reference Guide
- Rupa Health Magazine
- Dr. Kate Henry’s Website
- Dr. Kate Henry on LinkedIn
- Dr. Kate Henry on Podcast
- Dr. Kate Henry on Instagram
- Dr. Kate Henry on Twitter
00:00 - Intro
03:00 - Why is Opill a game-changer?
04:17 - How does Opill work?
09:28 - The risks around estrogen-containing birth control pills
11:37 - Checking a practitioner before taking the Opill
13:29 - Birth control side effects
18:53 - Reducing birth control side effects
21:39 - Why does the gut matter for hormonal health?
25:05 - Tips for improving digestive health and mobility
30:20 - The mini pill and progestin-only options for new mothers
31:00 - Empowering preteens and teens to make informed decisions
38:38 - Plan A, B, and C
41:29 - Alternative uses and misconceptions of birth control pills
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store