GPT-4 Is Here + The Group Chat Bank Run
It’s acing standardized tests, building websites and hiring TaskRabbits — GPT-4 is “equal parts fascinating and terrifying.” OpenAI has released its latest model, alongside A.I. announcements from Meta, Google and other industry players. The A.I. arms race is only accelerating.
Then, what Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse means for the future of start-ups, and what Mark Zuckerberg has learned about layoffs
- OpenAI released ChatGPT-4. It is exciting and scary.
- With its release of GPT-4, OpenAI shared a system card — a paper outlining how OpenAI tried to get GPT-4 to do dangerous things.
- Silicon Valley Bank collapsed. “The Daily” explained how.
- In his newsletter, Byrne Hobart wrote a post pointing out S.V.B.’s insolvency challenge.
- S.V.B.’s collapse followed a deregulatory push from its own Chief Executive.
- Meta announced it planned to lay off about 10,000 employees.