Gender Intelligence in the time of COVID-19
It's a disruptive time for everyone. Organizations are concerned about the wellbeing and productivity of employees, and individuals are facing serious challenges too. Barbara and Paul reflect on the issues facing many of us, and focus on 6 important areas where using Gender Intelligence will make a big difference. They are:
- Distraction - The ongoing disruption and work/lifestyle changes. Women tend to worry more, especially those on the front-line including caregivers, nurses, etc.
- Communication – Sometimes we’re not getting across to each other in a way that is honoring for both women and men.
- Stress – It’s gone through the roof. Men and women de-stress differently. Women do it through connection. Men tend to do it by tuning out.
- A need to be heard.
- Juggling work/life balance.
- Conflicts. How to resolve them in a win/win way. Barbara and Paul also discuss the tools for eliminating challenges. It’s important to spend some time understanding the science of brain differences (review some of the concepts in Season 1, Episode 3)
7 tools to eliminate challenges
- Let's start appreciating each other, standing in each other shoes
- Take care of yourself, create space for you and others
- Press the pause button if you are triggered, apply SARA Shock/Anger/Rejection/Acceptance
- Respond with compassion
- Use the chunking method set aside time to be 100% present in activities
- Keep your work in one space, will help in work/life harmony piece
- Listen deeply to other perspectives and points of view