Lewis Howes ON: How to Physically Release Trauma & Why You Should Focus On Discipline Over Motivation to Succeed
Today, I sit down with my friend Lewis Howes to talk about finding the courage to work on ourselves a little bit more. We share ideas on the dealing with the different seasons in our life and being present in each season, the level of discipline you have for yourself determines the outcome of goals you’ve set your mind and heart into, getting unstuck of the same pattern of familiarity that hinders personal growth, and the misconception of greatness and how it always starts within you.
Lewis is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach, a New York Times best-selling author, 2x All-American athlete, and keynote speaker. He hosts The School of Greatness podcast, which was launched in 2013, where he shares inspiring interviews from the most successful people on the planet—world-renowned leaders in business, entertainment, sports, science, health, and literature.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:What did it take Lewis to finally focus on the path to healing?
- 10:04 This is how it felt growing up in a family with financial limitations.
- 14:46 When you finally find the courage to work on yourself, you become more authentic.
- 19:30 What is the difference between motivation and discipline?
- 23:21 Lewis explains what role our inner emotional state plays in our success.
- 25:45 * The 3 P’s to help you figure out what you want to do with your life.
- 33:50 How does discipline keep you organized and focused on your mission?
- 36:37 What is the right way to get ready even when you don’t want to do it?
- 39:44 Why do we always get stuck in the same pattern of familiarity?
- 43:53 This is the reason why the fear of failure stops us from trying and doing our best.
- 50:48 The misconception about greatness that we don’t know about.
- 58:39 The more you become for others, the brighter your own path will be.
- 01:08:26 What are you looking forward to this year?
- 01:11:48 What does it truly mean “to live in the season that you have reached?”
- 01:14:50 Stop doing other things and start focusing on the person you are becoming.
- Lewis Howes | Website
- Lewis Howes | Instagram
- Lewis Howes | Twitter
- Lewis Howes | YouTube
- Lewis Howes | Books
- The School of Greatness Podcast
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.