MLK Day 2023: How to use words the MLK way
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy is proof that our words have power. So to honor MLK today, Ofosu and Leah look back on their conversation from MLK Day 2022 and discuss what his impact means to them in 2023. They listen to some of Dr. King’s moving words, reflect on what we can learn from them, and share ways to use our own words for good.
▶️ You can watch the latest episode on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/EOaAoGcMv44
🎧 What’s in this episode:
- (00:00 ) A message from Ofosu and Leah for MLK Day 2023
- (01:54 ) Words from MLK's speech, "The Other America"
- (02:25 ) How to apply MLK's words to our own lives
- (03:37 ) Leah's favorite MLK quote
- (06:05 ) Ofosu's favorite MLK quote
- (08:42 ) How to remember the good in ourselves
- (09:44 ) Using your words to support others
- (11:56 ) What words come to mind when you think of Dr. Martin Luther King?
- (12:20 ) Creating visions in your mind of a more just world
- (13:55 ) Reflections on the power of Dr. King’s message in 2023
🧘 About Balance: Well Balanced is co-hosted by Ofosu and Leah, Balance’s Co-Heads of Meditation. Balance is a highly personalized meditation and sleep app that's been named Google's App of the Year and Apple's App of the Day. Completely free for the entire first year, Balance is helping 4 million+ people around the world improve their stress, sleep, focus, and mood. Unlock your free year of Balance today by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store: https://balanceapp.sng.link/Arat1/h3qp/icji