Marianna Hewitt ON: How to Create a Morning Routine that Results in Success & Why Energy-Drainers Are Getting in Your Way
Today, I sit down with my good friend Marianna Hewitt to talk about a range of topics related to self-care, mental health, and the challenges of being a content creator. She emphasizes the importance of finding a morning routine that works for you, rather than following what works for others. She also discusses the concept of creator burnout and the importance of prioritizing your mental and emotional wellbeing over views and clicks. Additionally, she touches on the importance of quality friendships and the challenges of running a company.
Mariana Hewitt is the leading voice in social media and the co-founder of Summer Fridays, the skincare brand whose iconic jet lag mask became an instant bestseller. Marianna is also the host of her own podcast Life with Marianna, the number one fashion and beauty podcast.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:19 What is your earliest memory as a child?
- 06:44 The reason why we react differently when presented with similar situations.
- 08:42 The advantage of becoming a parent when you’re fully ready.
- 12:08 This is why you should never rely on anyone for anything.
- 15:41 Marianna shares the life lessons she learned from her parents.
- 18:11 Pursuing the passion for sharing things that you love with an audience.
- 20:59 Every job and experience brings about different learnings.
- 23:24 Falling into the trap of chasing virality.
- 28:54 Marianna explains the balance of having a time off to avoid burnout.
- 33:45 Surround yourself with a group of people that resonates with your core.
- 35:29 Do you really want to run a business because you want to build a company?
- 40:05 Think about what you are uniquely good at.
- 44:23 How do you decipher what you think is important and what’s truly important to you?
- 47:18 There’s got to be a reason why successful people have morning routines and do journaling.
- 50:57 What are you looking forward to in the years to come?
- 53:06 Let’s focus on taking care of our brain health.
- 01:00:00 You can be two opposite things and still be happy.
- 01:01:24 Marianna on Final Five
- Marianna Hewitt | Instagram
- Marianna Hewitt | YouTube
- Marianna Hewitt | TikTok
- Marianna Hewitt | Twitter
- Marianna Hewitt | Website
- Summer Fridays
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.