Paris Hilton ON: How to Stop Shame from Controlling Your Life & Turning Pain into Purpose
Today, I sit down with the one and only Paris Hilton to talk about past trauma and healing. Paris opens up about her life as a teen where she dealt with abusive adults without asking for help, living in shame and trauma, being portrayed as someone who is completely the opposite of who she really is, and finally finding the support system that she needed to find healing and create a safe space where she can be her true self.
Paris Hilton is a CEO, New York Times bestselling author, philanthropist, DJ, designer, recording artist, actress, host, model, and influencer Paris has defined and dominated pop culture commanding her position as one of the most recognizable faces on the planet. She has masterfully harnessed her self-made spotlight to architect a thriving entertainment and consumer products empire which spans an impressive range of businesses and verticals, including tv, film, audio, music, publishing, licensing, consumer products, brand partnerships, and so many more.
In 2006, she created Paris Hilton Entertainment, a multi-billion dollar company consisting of 45 branded stores, 19 product lines, and 29 fragrances that has amassed over 4 billion in revenue. In 2001, Variety declared Paris as a billion dollar entrepreneur in recognition of her successful business and global brand.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:19 Trusting people too much can sometimes negatively impact us
- 07:48 Paris explains how fame and money can drastically change people
- 09:52 Opening up about your struggles and abuse is difficult but somehow rewarding
- 13:27 Holding on to uncomfortable things and finding the courage to talk about it
- 16:09 “The shame shouldn’t be on you, but on the person that hurt you.”
- 19:39 Children are so often scared to tell their parents about their struggles and they tend to keep it to themselves
- 21:52 How does Paris view her grandma and what role she played in her life
- 24:10 When everyone is telling you that you’re broken and you need to be fixed
- 26:59 Turning your supposed ‘incapability’ into your own super power
- 30:01 Paris recalls how she was abused and how she tried to hide it because of shame
- 34:58 Finally getting the understanding you deserve for going through so much suffering as a child
- 38:44 Getting women support from other women as a celebrity
- 42:38 Pushing for a change in schools where abuse are happening
- 44:47 It’s helpful to know that you have friend who listens to you and you have a safe space where you can feel at ease
- 47:00 Finding it difficult to deeply connect with someone because of fear and past trauma
- 52:54 Finding genuine love and allowing yourself to be vulnerable and intimate with another person
- 55:57 Why living a very public life made Paris more protective of her own family
- 01:01:59 Parenthood can completely change you and make you understand your parents better
- 01:04:23 Does money truly translate to having complete freedom
- 01:05:24 Believe in manifesting who you truly want to become and it shall happen
- 01:09:06 Going through a painful moment and finding the courage to be brave enough to take control of your life
- 01:13:18 Paris on Final Five
- Paris Hilton | Website
- Paris Hilton | Instagram
- Paris Hilton | YouTube
- Paris Hilton | Twitter
- Paris Hilton | Facebook
- Paris Hilton | TikTok
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.