Silicon Valley, psychedelics, and double standards
What is microdosing? And what does it have to do with industry leaders of Silicon Valley? We’re using the SOAR method to break down a Wall Street Journal article on psychedelics in the world of tech.
Check out The Concurrently Companion for this week’s downloadable episode guide including discussion questions and scripture for further study.
We would love to hear from you. You can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. What current events or cultural issues are you wrestling through with your kids and teens? Let us know. We want to work through it with you.
See more from the News Coach, including episode transcripts.
- The article we’re SOARing today: “Magic Mushrooms. LSD. Ketmaine. The Drugs That Power Silicon Valley” by Kirsten Grind and Katherine Bindley.
- Listen to our episode on the SOAR method to learn more about how to use this tool.
- What are psychedelics, and how do they compare to other drugs? Learn more with this helpful resource from the Alcohol and Drug Foundation.
- We also use the Big 5 (Aristotle's “Five Common Topics”) in this episode. Learn more about this tool on the News Coach blog.
- Read about the growing use of hallucinogens among young adults.
Concurrently is produced by God’s WORLD News. We provide current events materials for kids and teens that show how God is working in the world. To learn more about God’s WORLD News and browse sample magazines, visit gwnews.com.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Covenant College.
Looking for an unapologetically Christian College Experience? Pursuing knowledge transformed by faith, Covenant College prepares students for their callings and careers. Covenant is located on top of Lookout Mountain, Georgia, 20 minutes from Chattanooga, Tennessee. Students who visit are eligible to receive a grant of $1,200. More at Covenant.edu/world.