TMHS 602: How Past Experiences And Trauma Control Our Behavior And Our Health - With Tana Amen
Our experiences shape so much about us—our beliefs, the way we view ourselves and the world around us, and the way we react in our relationships. But for those of us who had a shaky start to life, luckily, we are not by default destined for a life full of pain. Healing is available, and healing from those challenges can help us live a happier and more fulfilled life.
Today’s guest, Tana Amen, is here to discuss how reframing our past experiences and traumas can improve our relationships and our health. Tana is a New York Times bestselling author, the vice president of Amen Clinics, and a former ICU trauma nurse. Her mission is to help people become stronger in mind, body, and spirit. In her newest book, The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child, Tana shares her journey of turning pain into purpose.
In this interview, you’re going to learn more about Tana’s story of overcoming trauma and critical steps you can take to heal from your past experiences. We’re going to discuss choosing growth over trauma, the importance of nutrition, and the power of setting boundaries and taking responsibility. No matter what challenges you’ve faced in your life, Tana’s empowering approach can help you heal. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What you should know about sourcing high-quality olive oil.
- The implications of a high adverse childhood experiences score.
- How generational trauma is often passed down.
- The far-reaching impacts of chronically high cortisol levels.
- What post-traumatic growth is.
- How our early experiences shape our blueprints (and how we can change them).
- What percentage of the average American’s diet is ultra-processed food.
- The problem with having a cheat day.
- How to heal from trauma.
- What it means to take responsibility.
- The importance of setting boundaries.
- How the darkest period of Tana’s life became her purpose.
- The impact that nutrition can have on every area of your life.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child by Tana Amen
- Amen Clinics
- Connect with Tana Amen Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: