TMHS 603: The Evolution Of The Immune System, Viruses, & Modern Science - With Dr. Zach Bush
The human immune system is truly at the foundation of human health. And at a time in human history when so many folks are suffering with various diseases and illnesses, it’s critical that we understand the expansive role of the immune system. On today’s show, we’re covering the function of the immune system, how viruses work, and the connection between our microbes and our overall health.
Today’s guest, Dr. Zach Bush, is a physician who specializes in internal medicine, endocrinology, and hospice care. He is an educator on the microbiome and its connection to health and disease. He is also the founder of The Journey of Intrinsic Health and the nonprofit, Farmer’s Footprint. Dr. Bush is passionate about immunity and the larger picture of how our planet’s health impacts human health.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, Dr. Bush is here to discuss the human microbiome, immunity, and viruses. We’re discussing topics like the role of the immune system, the scientific process, and the integration of humans in nature. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How much money is spent each year in the US healthcare system.
- Why the human body is an ecosystem.
- The role that microbes play in distinguishing humans from other species.
- How our understanding of the immune system has evolved over time.
- The purpose of the body’s inflammatory responses.
- What the role of mitochondria is.
- Challenges of germ theory.
- The relationship between scientific studies and reductionism.
- Why curiosity is an important piece of science.
- How urine can be used in regenerative agriculture.
- Why having your first child changes you so much.
- How Dr. Zack Bush’s career evolved over time.
- What spontaneous remission means.
- The number one piece of advice from patients on hospice.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- The Journey of Intrinsic Health
- Farmer’s Footprint
- Connect with Dr. Zach Bush Website / Instagram / Facebook
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Life changing episode! Thank you