TMHS 663: The Twisted Landscape of Nutrition, Pharmaceutical Drugs, & The Psychology of Eating
What we choose to eat every day has a profound impact on our metabolism, our biology, and our longevity. Every cell in your body is created from the food that you eat. But unfortunately, there’s a ton of conflicting information out there about what types of foods contribute to human health and vibrancy.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to hear an interview I did on Tom Bilyeu’s podcast, Impact Theory. We’re diving into a wide variety of topics, including anti-inflammatory nutrition, the basics of metabolism and the calories-in-calories-out paradigm, how your thoughts impact your biology, and the pharmaceutical industry’s influence on nutrition and health.
In this interview, I’ll also share some personal anecdotes from my experience being diagnosed with a chronic illness and the physical and mental healing I underwent. You’re going to learn about the power you possess to take control over your life and your health, and why deciding to stop outsourcing your potential to others is the most powerful step you can take. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The root of the word inflammation.
- An important distinction between acute and chronic inflammation.
- Why extra virgin olive oil is a powerful food for brain health & reducing inflammation.
- What percentage of the average American’s diet is comprised of ultra-processed foods.
- The metabolic impact of whole foods vs. processed foods.
- What epicaloric controllers are.
- How the gut and brain communicate.
- The connection between COVID-19 outcomes and obesity.
- What percentage of American citizens are metabolically unhealthy.
- The top three risk factors for death from COVID-19.
- How electrolyte balance can play a role in weight loss.
- The interesting way in which your thoughts impact your metabolism.
- How FDA user fees work and the corruption in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The number one cause of death in the US.
- What instinctive elaboration is.
- The importance of not outsourcing your health and your potential.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 20% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- Change or Die by Alan Deutschman
- Eat Smarter
- Dopesick on Hulu
- The Crime of the Century on HBO Max
- Good Anxiety by Dr. Wendy Suzuki
- Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: