TMHS 668: How To Eat, Train, And Think To Be Fit And Functional For 100 Years - With Mark Sisson
Mortality data in the US shows that the average life expectancy for Americans continues to decline. Even worse, many folks who do reach an old age are plagued with chronic conditions that diminish their quality of life, such as dementia, cancer, and hypertension. But getting older does not automatically equate to poor outcomes, and today’s guest is living proof of that.
Mark Sisson is a New York Times bestselling author, a health expert, and the founder of Primal Kitchen. Mark is approaching seven decades of experience in building and maintaining a healthy body, and in this interview, he’s sharing his best tips for overall functionality and longevity. You’re going to learn about the best foods for human health, the importance of metabolic flexibility, and how to incorporate play into your exercise routine.
You’ll also learn about the importance of metabolic flexibility and the best ways to burn fat. Mark is sharing his template for a healthy exercise routine, why muscle mass is key to healthy aging and functionality, and so much more. Longevity and lifelong functionality are goals we should all aspire to reach, and Mark has so much wisdom and insight to share on this topic. So listen in and enjoy this episode of The Model Health Show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Three foods to incorporate into your diet to promote longevity.
- The two main goals of longevity.
- Why muscle mass is integral to living longer.
- What your number one job should be as you age.
- Which fat sources are the best for human health and longevity.
- The importance of practicing inclusivity in your diet.
- What metabolic flexibility is.
- How to find joy and fun in your daily movement practices.
- The importance of foot health for human structure and movement.
- What proprioception is and why it matters.
- The truth about the thermogenic effect of protein.
- Why enjoyment is an essential part of daily life.
- Mark’s template for a healthy week of exercise.
- The best exercise for burning body fat.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- The Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson
- Two Meals a Day by Mark Sisson
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- Primal Kitchen
- Connect with Mark Sisson Website / Twitter / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: