TMHS 678: Burn Fat, Improve Mental Performance, & Prevent Disease with These Science-Backed Teas
Humans have been consuming various teas for thousands of years for a myriad of reasons. Whether you’re trying to unwind, soothe a scratchy throat, or warm up on a cold day, drinking a cup of hot tea can be a soothing ritual. In many cultures and traditions, tea also serves as a medicinal, health-promoting beverage that can lower inflammation, support your metabolism, prevent diseases, and much more.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to learn about ten specific teas and their health-supporting, science-backed benefits. You’ll learn about the origins and history of multiple varieties of tea, including black tea, green tea, rooibos, and more. You’ll hear the traditions of each tea, plus the evidence supporting their health benefits.
You’re going to learn which teas can support your metabolism, microbiome, fertility, mental performance, and more. Whether you’re a tea aficionado or a beginner, I think this episode will inspire you to add more tea into your wellness routine. So click play, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How gynostemma tea affects levels of body fat and muscle tissue.
- The incredible anti-diabetic effects of drinking gynostemma tea.
- Which tea has an influence on hormone-sensitive lipase.
- What impacts pu-erh tea has on the gut microbiome.
- The history of consuming green tea.
- How drinking green tea regularly affects breast cancer risk.
- The unique mental health benefits of L-theanine.
- How drinking black tea can influence weight loss and fat burning.
- The impacts oolong tea has on human metabolism.
- Two ways in which white tea can support healthy body composition.
- The connection between fertility and white tea consumption.
- Which tea is known for its potential to reduce kidney stones.
- The anti-angiogenesis properties of turmeric tea.
- How yerba mate compares to green tea.
- The importance of avoiding heavy metals and plastics in tea.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Get 15% off any subscription + free shipping!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: