TMHS 708: Use This For Smarter Weight Loss, Appetite Control, & Better Brain Health
Blood glucose, or blood sugar, is your body’s main energy source. Although blood sugar is a critical part of your physiology, more is not better. Elevated blood sugar is a component of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, conditions that affect millions of Americans. But even if you have normal blood sugar, keeping your levels in check is a powerful way to ensure optimal health both today and in the future.
Today you’re going to learn from the most renowned experts in the world on how your blood glucose levels impact nearly every aspect of your health, including risk for chronic diseases, your daily quality of life, inflammation levels, and metabolism. You’ll also learn the science of balancing your blood sugar through nutrition, exercise, and research-backed hacks. This powerful compilation features some of the brightest minds in the space of optimizing glucose levels, including Dr. Casey Means, Jessie Inchauspé, and more.
You’re going to learn about the link between frequent glucose spikes and diseases like dementia and heart disease. You’ll hear about the importance of glucose stability for the aging process, mitochondrial function, and many other processes in the body. Taking charge of your blood sugar levels is one of the most impactful things you can do for your health, and I hope this episode arms you with the information you need to feel empowered.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the rates of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes have increased in recent decades.
- The negative consequences of a glucose spike.
- How a blood sugar rollercoaster impairs your mitochondria.
- The connection between blood sugar and inflammation.
- What glycation is, and how balanced blood sugar can help you reduce it.
- The link between a carbohydrate-rich diet and Alzheimer’s disease risk.
- How your A1C level correlates to brain shrinkage.
- The number one way to turn on BDNF and grow new brain cells.
- How consistently high blood sugar levels can damage your tissues.
- The total amount of sugar that should be in the human bloodstream.
- Why low insulin levels are the key to burning fat.
- The science of autophagy, and the role fasting plays in regulating blood sugar.
- Which major illnesses are related to dysregulated blood sugar levels.
- How many Americans have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
- The link between glycemic variability and heart disease.
- Which breakfast foods are the worst for your blood sugar.
- Strategies for balancing your plate.
- The #1 macronutrient for healthy blood sugar management.
- How processed foods can disrupt your body’s inner guidance system.
- Why eliminating liquid sugar can quickly improve your health.
- How building muscle can help your body eliminate excess glucose.
- The surprising role vinegar can play in regulating blood glucose levels.
- How consuming fiber before a meal can reduce glucose spikes.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Levels.link/model -- Join today and get 2 free months with a one-year membership!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off + free shipping!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder your copy today!
- Get Clear Skin & Reduce Body Fat with These Hacks with Jessie Inchauspé – Episode 681
- Your Brain’s Silent Killers with Dr. David Perlmutter – Episode 268
- The Truth About Collagen & Sugar Bombs with Dr. Cate Shanahan – Episode 297
- The Truth About the US Healthcare System with Cynthia Thurlow - Episode 625
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Fitness with Dr. Casey Means – Episode 548
- Shift Your Focus from Weight Loss to Muscle Gain with JJ Virgin – Episode 643
- What Would Happen If You Quit Sugar for 30 Days – Episode 553
- Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss
- Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
- The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan by Dr. David Perlmutter
- Eat Smarter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: