TMHS 709: The Truth About Indigestion, Acid-Blockers, & Antibiotics - With Dr. Robynne Chutkan
There is a myriad of ways in which our Western diet and lifestyle are depleting our health, including their impact on gut health. Both your gut microbiome and the integrity of your gut lining are key components of your overall health, affecting your immune function, inflammation levels, and risk for chronic diseases. On today’s show, you’re going to hear a wealth of insights on how (& why) to improve your gut health.
On this compilation episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to hear three of the most profound messages from my past interviews with integrative gastroenterologist, Dr. Robynne Chutkan. She is the author of multiple digestive wellness books, including Gutbliss, The Microbiome Solution, & The Anti-Viral Gut. Dr. Chutkan is one of the most influential figures in the gut health space for her practical and effective approach to combating common digestive symptoms naturally, replenishing the microbiome, and building resiliency.
You’re going to hear the cutting-edge science on optimizing gut bacteria, the problem with some of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the US, how to quickly improve the health of your gut, and so much more! I hope you enjoy this knowledge and practical tips from the one and only, Dr. Robynne Chutkan!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The adverse effects of taking proton-pump inhibitors for acid reflux.
- Why stomach acid is one of your body’s most powerful tools.
- Six common foods that can cause gas and bloating.
- The role alcohol can play in digestive distress.
- An interesting difference between male and female digestive anatomy.
- How the menstrual cycle can affect digestion.
- Why rates of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are increasing.
- The role diet plays in autoimmune digestive diseases.
- A shocking link between antibiotic overuse and cognitive decline.
- Questions to ask your doctor before taking antibiotics.
- What polypharmacy is.
- The intimate connection between the immune system and the gut.
- What terrain theory is.
- Why your stool is an important indicator of your health.
- The connection between poor COVID-19 outcomes and obesity.
- Why we need to approach obesity as a societal issue.
- How your mucus acts as one of your body’s key defense systems.
- The best ways to promote healthy mucus production.
- What percentage of the human genome is viral.
- The power of eating fermented foods.
- How nature can support your microbiome.
- Things to consider about your medications and the role of your physician.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Get 15% off any subscription + free shipping!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder the cookbook today & claim your bonuses!
- Hidden Causes of Digestive Issues with Dr. Robynne Chutkan – Episode 251
- How Antibiotics Can Damage Your Brain with Dr. Robynne Chutkan – Episode 582
- The Anti-Viral Gut with Dr. Robynne Chutkan – Episode 626
- Gutbliss by Dr. Robynne Chutkan
- The Microbiome Solution by Dr. Robynne Chutkan
- The Bloat Cure by Dr. Robynne Chutkan
- The Anti-Viral Gut by Dr. Robynne Chutkan
- Dr. Robynne Chutkan on Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: