TMHS 714: 4 Overlooked Exercises That Will Make You Fitter, Healthier, & More Resilient
“If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.”
Almost everyone struggles on some level with incorporating exercise into their routine. Exercise is super important for your total body health, so implementing a routine can help improve your lifespan, boost your metabolism, decrease your BMI, and help you lose weight. Exercise can get you fitter, healthier, and more resilient - and there are quick and easy exercises that are often overlooked that can help you transform your body.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn exercises that are easy to implement and that you could do anywhere - and you’ll discover easy tools to help you add these exercises to your routine and build up to a level you’re comfortable with. I also share some of my favorite tips and aids that will bring your workouts to the next level.
No more excuses - it’s time to tune in, and master ways to build a better body and better health!
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Exercises to improve your metabolic health and target your muscles
- How our bone health affects our lifespan
- Why Jumping rope can improve bone density and increase muscle power
- The importance of easing into exercise while training
- A faster way to lower your BMI than conventional "cardio."
- The quickest way to improve coordination and motor skills
- What are “fast-twitch muscle fibers” and how does it change with age?
- The best pre-workout supplements to help improve your performance
- Why ketones are essential to your workouts
- Benefits of stair climbing and how it can be used as an easy exercise
- What is your VO2 max and how it can impact your cardiovascular health
- How just 2-10 minutes per day of stair climbing can drastically improve your health
- The best ways to work on cardio no matter what level or pace you’re at
- 4 different exercises you can do on any staircase
- The best intra-workout electrolytes and how they improve your brain function during workouts
- What are offset training and unilateral workouts and how do they impact your “stabilizer muscles”
- How everyday actions can actually help target specific muscle groups
- 7+ easy offset exercises that will improve your muscle function
- Different training techniques and methods to build resistance
Join our Facebook community - Model Nation
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Hvmn.com/model ← 30% off your first subscription order of KeytoneIQ
- EatSmarterCookbook ← Pre-order the cookbook today & claim your bonuses!
- LMNT.com/model ← get a free gift with every purchase of my favorite electrolytes
- Onnit.com/model ← receive 10% off all of their fitness equipment
- Visit our Youtube channel to see the step-by-step exercises and learn how to do them
- TMHS 710: Obesity vs. Genetics & How Ketones Impact Your Heart, Brain, & Metabolism
- Connect with me: Instagram - Twitter
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
This episode was brought to you by LMNT, Onnit, and HVMN.