TMHS 716 - 10 Foods to Improve Your Memory, Focus, & Overall Brain Health
Eating well has the potential to manifest a variety of changes in your body, including improving your brain function. And at a time when progressive neurodegenerative diseases are at an all-time high, protecting the function of your brain is one of the best things you can do to ensure health and longevity.
Today you’re going to learn about ten specific foods that have been proven to boost memory, improve focus, and contribute to overall brain health. You’ll hear the studies backing up each food, what you need to consider when sourcing your groceries, plus the best ways to incorporate these nutritional powerhouses into your diet.
These ten foods are featured in my newest book, Eat Smarter Cookbook. I’m going to share what you can expect from the book, how to incorporate these ten brain-boosting foods into your family’s regular meals, and the best ways to upgrade your plate without sacrificing taste, tradition, or enjoyment. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How acai can reduce neuroinflammation.
- The link between belly fat, insulin resistance, and inflammation in the brain.
- How to utilize the benefits of acai without disrupting your blood glucose.
- What percentage of the average American child’s diet is ultra-processed foods.
- The health benefits of consuming raw honey.
- What to look for when shopping for high-quality honey.
- Which compounds in fatty fish are necessary for brain function.
- The connection between omega 3 consumption and brain shrinkage rates.
- How drinking coffee can reduce your risk of developing progressive brain diseases.
- The best way to leverage the health benefits of coffee.
- Which food can reduce oxidative stress and improve neuron health.
- How much cinnamon to consume daily to reap its benefits.
- The importance of phospholipids for brain health.
- Which nutrient in eggs is critical for memory development.
- The role of choline during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- How to utilize the memory-enhancing effects of anthocyanins.
- The metabolic and cognitive benefits of incorporating sweet potatoes in your diet.
- How extra virgin olive oil can improve autophagy in the brain.
- Why storage matters when it comes to olive oil.
- The role turmeric plays in memory function.
- Which ingredient in turmeric can help slow aging of the brain.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder the cookbook today & claim your bonuses!
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 20% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive discount on your daily health elixirs!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation