TMHS 717: Take Control of Your Time: Tips to Invest in Your Health, Habits, & Fulfillment
“Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”–Jim Rohn
Our fast-paced culture not only encourages busyness, but in some ways, it mandates it. Most folks have jam-packed schedules consisting of work obligations, commutes, family commitments, and more. But there’s a huge difference between being busy and being productive. Now more than ever, achieving your goals requires you to be intentional with your time.
On today’s show, you’re going to learn strategies for effectively managing your time. This compilation episode will teach you how to improve your focus and time management skills, how to gain clarity and invest your time wisely, and how to create systems that encourage productivity. You’ll hear from thought leaders like Jesse Itzler, Cal Newport, and Jim Kwik.
Your time is a critical and limited resource, but fortunately, time management is a skill that can constantly be sharpened. I hope this episode brings you inspiration and value. So listen in and enjoy this episode of The Model Health Show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What is the greatest superpower we all possess is.
- Why the concept of moderation can hold you back from success.
- The importance of evaluating your relationship with time.
- How to identify the places where you can do your best thinking.
- What monotasking is, and how to use it to accelerate your productivity.
- The power of creating systems to diminish decision fatigue.
- What deep work is, and why it matters.
- A major flaw in modern work culture.
- The importance of deep work in the knowledge economy.
- How deep work can enable you to learn quickly.
- What attention residue is.
- The difference between being busy and being effective.
- Why people who practice deep work are happier.
- How to utilize rituals to help your brain focus and preserve energy.
- The perks of practicing boredom.
- How your thinking influences your life outcomes.
- Why thinking makes humans valuable.
- How decision fatigue can deplete your potential.
- The six thinking hats, and how to use them to change your perspective.
- Why you should think of your problems as puzzles.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Levels.link/model -- Join today and get 2 free months with a one-year membership!
- Ettitude.com/model -- Use the coupon code model15 for 15% off organic bedding!
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Get exclusive savings on bundles & subscriptions!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder your copy today & claim your free bonuses!
- Reclaim Your Time & Build Your Life Resume with Jesse Itzler – Episode 312
- Protect Your Mental Energy & Deep Work with Cal Newport – Episode 276
- Thinking Faster & Better with Jim Kwik – Episode 318
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: