TMHS 718: How Plastics Are Changing Human Health
Plastic has become one of the most common and convenient substances in our modern world. Especially when it comes to food packaging and food storage, plastic has infiltrated the market, frequently used for everyday items like storing leftovers, bottled water, and baby bottles. However, plastic contains thousands of harmful compounds that have the potential to disrupt your hormones, metabolism, and brain.
On today’s show, you’re going to learn the truth about how plastic usage can impact human health. You’ll hear the studies on how plastic containers can release particles into food, the truth behind plastic regulation in the food system, and the proven detrimental effects of frequent plastic usage. Most importantly, we’re going to discuss realistic ways to reduce your plastic exposure and tips for enhancing your body’s ability to eliminate toxins.
Making a positive impact on your health can be as simple as making practical tweaks to your existing routine. I hope this episode inspires you to reduce your plastic usage in a way that works for your lifestyle and family. Click play to learn more about how plastics are changing human health!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The impact of microwaving plastic food containers.
- What microwave safe actually means.
- The history of plastic production.
- How exposure to microplastics can impact our biology.
- The scary truth about using plastic baby bottles.
- How microplastics and nano plastics can integrate into our tissues.
- The connection between plastic exposure and risk for developing brain disorders.
- What xenoestrogens are and how they can impact your body.
- Why BPA free plastics can also damage your health.
- The connection between BPA and fertility.
- Healthier options for food storage.
- What to consider about drinking from plastic water bottles.
- The best ways to support your body’s natural detoxification systems.
- How to approach plastic reduction in a realistic way.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 20% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com --Preorder your copy today & claim your free bonuses!
- Hydration & Water Masterclass – Episode 73
- 4 Overlooked Exercises That Will Make You Fitter – Episode 714
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: