TWiT 906: A Bad Year for Billionaires - Twitter Trust and Safety Council firing, TikTok ban, FTX SBF arrested
- Alex Barredo: @joinmastodon official account has been banned on Twitter.
- Impulsive and Unjustified: CNN Slams Twitter for Suspending Journalists – Including Its Own Donie O'Sullivan.
- Elon Musk Launches a Manhunt After Alarming Incident.
- Twitter dissolves Trust and Safety Council, Yoel Roth flees home.
- Elon Musk, Management Guru?
- Senate votes to ban TikTok use on government devices.
- What is TikTok & is TikTok Safe?
- TikTok may push potentially harmful content to teens within minutes, study finds.
- FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried Is Arrested in the Bahamas.
- FTX Investor Impact: Timeline of Realized Cryptocurrency Gains and Losses Shows FTX Hit Investor Wallets Less Than Previous Crises.
- Trump Sells a New Image as the Hero of $99 Trading Cards.
- Tesla Full Self-Driving data looks awful: We challenge Elon Musk to prove otherwise.
- Apple backs out of Sunday Ticket negotiations with NFL.
- Virtual Reality Pioneer John Carmack Is Leaving Meta.
- Instagram launches new tool to help hacked users regain account access.
- Netflix lets advertisers take their money back after missing viewership targets.
- ConnectSafely giving out $1K grants to schools & nonprofits.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Jason Hiner, Mike Elgan, and Larry Magid
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit