TWiT 916: Fetch Happens - Section 230, NSA surveillance, Spotify podcasts flop, Apple Watch ban
Section 230, NSA surveillance, Spotify podcasts flop, Apple Watch ban
- U.S. Supreme Court snubs Wikipedia bid to challenge NSA surveillance.
- Signal would 'walk' from UK if Online Safety Bill undermined encryption.
- Some Initial Thoughts On The Supreme Court Oral Arguments In Gonzalez: Non-Experts Might Still Make A Mess Of Things, But Without Understanding Why.
- It's Time to Tear Up Big Tech's Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Card.
- Section 230 Won't Protect ChatGPT.
- Twitter lays off another 50 employees as cost cutting continues under Elon Musk: report.
- FreshRSS: A free, self-hostable feed aggregator.
- Tiny Tiny RSS is a free and open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator.
- Calckey: A greatly enhanced fork of Misskey with better UI/UX, security, features, and more!
- Mammoth is a new free Mastodon client for iOS and macOS.
- Sci-fi becomes real as renowned magazine closes submissions due to AI writers.
- SF's new startup hotspot seen as the road to AI riches.
- Sometimes Open Systems Beat Those Who Try To Lock Them Up: Spotify's Podcast Colonization Flops.
- YouTube tests adding podcasts to 'Create' button alongside other new podcast tools & analytics.
- Spanish court authorises extradition of Briton who allegedly hacked Biden, Obama.
- Apple Orders Entire Supply of TSMC's 3nm Chips for iPhone 15 Pro and M3 Macs.
- Filmmakers Request Identities of Reddit Users to Aid Piracy Lawsuit.
- Apple Watch ban: Biden will make decision next week.
- OG sealed iPhone breaks record selling for almost 2x that of a recent auction.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Mike Masnick, Alex Lindsay, and Owen Thomas
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit