TWiT 917: Pwn Not Bone - AI as parlor trick, LastPass hack detailed, Xerox Alto, TikTok ban, blogger registry
AI as parlor trick, LastPass hack detailed, Xerox Alto, TikTok ban, blogger registry
- Bing Chat has a secret 'Celebrity' mode to impersonate celebrities.
- @emollick: Bing, write the first chapter of Genesis as a corporate memo.
- CNET editor-in-chief Connie Guglielmo steps down for AI-generated content role.
- Father Robert defines the Singularity.
- LastPass: DevOps engineer hacked to steal password vault data in 2022 breach.
- Microsoft set to win EU nod on Activision with licensing offer, sources say.
- Amazon Illegally Fired NYC Union Organizer, Labor Board Says.
- 50 Years Later, We're Still Living in the Xerox Alto's World.
- Fumbling the Future: How Xerox Invented, then Ignored, the First Personal Computer.
- Biden's national cybersecurity strategy advocates tech regulation, software liability reform.
- Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to register with the state.
- U.S. House panel approves bill giving Biden power to ban TikTok.
- White House: Federal agencies have 30 days to remove TikTok from devices.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Louis Maresca, Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ, and Dan Moren
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit