TWiT 918: Rational Minds Have Prevailed - Silicon Valley Bank collapse, FCC nominee Gigi Sohn, Apple headset
Silicon Valley Bank collapse, FCC nominee Gigi Sohn, Apple headset
- Hedge funds are offering to buy startups' deposits stuck at Silicon Valley Bank.
- Etsy is delaying seller payouts following Silicon Valley Bank's collapse.
- FDIC to Silicon Valley Bank workers. We'll give you a 50% raise or double-time OT, but you'll lose your job in 45 days.
- U.S. officials weigh protecting all deposits at Silicon Valley Bank.
- Silicon Valley Bank profit squeeze in tech downturn attracts short sellers.
- Meta to end Canadians' access to news on Facebook and Instagram if Bill C-18 becomes law.
- Joint Statement by Treasury, Federal Reserve, and FDIC.
- Report: Apple CEO Tim Cook Ordered Headset Launch Despite Designers Warning It Wasn't Ready.
- Daylight savings time change 2023 starts Sunday with "spring forward".
- Gigi Sohn, Biden FCC nominee withdraws, following bruising lobbying battle
- The privacy loophole in your doorbell.
- YouTubers can swear at the start of videos again without getting demonetized.
- Apple Music Classical app launching March 28.
- Chat with Jason Calacanis (post credits)
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Lisa Schmeiser, Reed Albergotti, Glenn Fleishman, and Jason Calacanis
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit