TWiT 930: Can You Smell What Tim is Cooking? - WWDC preview, AI scientist statement, virtual kidnapping
WWDC preview, AI scientist statement, virtual kidnapping
- Microsoft Build 2023 - Panos Panay Keynote.
- Why AI Scientists Are Freaking Us Out.
- AI Makes Mistakes But Could It Destroy Us?
- A Chatbot Was Designed to Help Prevent Eating Disorders. Then It Gave Dieting Tips.
- Everything Apple Plans to Show at WWDC: XR Headset, iOS 17 and More.
- Meta announces its Quest 3 VR headset, which will cost $499.99.
- Millions of PC motherboards were sold with a firmware backdoor.
- Fancy Bear Goes Phishing: The Dark History of the Information Age, in Five Extraordinary Hacks by Scott J. Shapiro.
- Is cybersecurity an unsolvable problem?
- Deceptive.design: What are deceptive patterns?
- How I Nearly Fell for a Frightening 'Virtual Kidnapping' Scam.
- Quick Guide to Virtual Kidnapping.
- A developer says Reddit could charge him $20 million a year to keep his app working.
- Amazon to pay more than $30 million to settle FTC privacy complaints over Alexa and Ring.
- Intel to add AI engine to all 14th-gen Meteor Lake SoCs.
- Amazon is discontinuing Alexa's celebrity voices, even if you paid for them.
- Will There Be Any Successors to 'Succession'?
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store