TWiT 933: The Iliad Flow - Amazon vs Walmart, Prime dark patterns, Canadian link tax, Zuck+Musk cage match
Amazon vs Walmart, Prime dark patterns, Canadian link tax, Zuck Musk cage match
- A new book reveals how Amazon used 'shady' strategies at its bookstores to drive up Prime subscriptions.
- Trader Oooh's.
- FTC Sues Amazon Over 'Manipulative' Tactics Used to Enroll Millions in Prime.
- Deceptive Patterns: Hall of Shame.
- Sony's PlayStation chief privately said Microsoft's Activision deal wasn't about Xbox exclusives.
- Amazon will hold Prime Day 2023 on July 11-12, adding invite-only deals and 'Buy with Prime' sites.
- TikTok prepares 'Project S' plan to break into online shopping.
- The Curious Case of Chris Evans's Sweater in "Knives Out".
- NFL finalizes new 11-year media rights deal, Amazon gets exclusive Thursday Night rights.
- Gannett sues Google over its alleged ad tech monopoly.
- As Canada Passes Corrupt Link Tax, Meta Says No More News Links In Canada.
- Winner Sells All: Amazon, Walmart, and the Battle for Our Wallets by Jason Del Rey.
- Disney Adds Facial Recognition to Parks.
- Tom Morello, Zack de la Rocha Boycott Venues Using Face-scanning Tech.
- Hacker responsible for 2020 Twitter breach sentenced to prison.
- Google's YouTube Is Testing an Online-Games Offering.
- Meta Will Launch Twitter Competitor In Mid-July: Report.
- Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg's fight started before Meta's Twitter rival.
- "Stunning"—Midjourney update wows AI artists with camera-like feature.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit