TWiT 934: The Scrollbar is Jiggling - Twitter self-DDoS, Flipper, Ethernet 50 years old, SCOTUS cyberstalking
Twitter self-DDoS, Flipper, Ethernet 50 years old, SCOTUS cyberstalking
- Twitter bug causes self-DDOS tied to Elon Musk's emergency blocks and rate limits
- Apple is a $3 trillion company — again.
- The Reddit app-pocalyse is here: Apollo, Sync, and BaconReader go dark.
- Twitch Star xQc Signs $100 Million Deal With Kick, a Rival Platform.
- Flipper hacking device on track to make $80M worth of sales.
- Padre talks all about the Vatican.
- An update on Canada's Bill C-18 and our Search and News products.
- Google accused of ripping off advertisers with video ads no one saw. Now, the expert view.
- YouTube tests restricting ad blocker users to 3 video views.
- Twitch adds new paid chat feature to rival YouTube's Super Chat.
- David Bohrman Dead: Former CNN Executive Was 69.
- Want to feel old? Ethernet just celebrated its 50th birthday.
- UK regulator may refer Adobe's $20 billion Figma deal to deeper probe.
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Apple in Billion-Dollar Caltech Patent Case.
- The FTC wants to put a ban on fake reviews.
- Supreme Court guts protections for cyberstalking victims.
- Supreme Court Rejects Lawsuit Accusing Google of Stealing Millions of Song Lyrics.
- SiriusXM to Shut Down Stitcher Podcast App.
- Pokémon Go Developer Lays Off 230 Employees, Closes LA Studio.
- Goldman Is Looking for a Way Out of Its Partnership With Apple.
- Scoop: TSA to expand facial recognition program to over 400 airports.
- Prigozhin-controlled Russian media group shuts after mutiny.
- UT Mourns Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor and Nobel Prize Recipient John Goodenough.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store