The Most Empowering Mindset Shift You Need with Merril Hoge
- Merril’s journey to the NFL began with a childhood dream, a corkboard, and a mantra - "find a way."
- Merril shares a personal story about setting a goal and facing discouragement. He reminded us that our mind is our most powerful tool, and we have the choice to control our minds or let them control us.
- Merril encourages listeners who may need more confidence to start by taking action, no matter how small.
- Paul’s belief is that by developing positive patterns and habits, we can make tough days less arduous.
- Merril agrees that winning the inner scoreboard – which includes joy, peace, and fulfillment, is more important than external achievements.
In This Episode:
- [00:56 ] The origin story of "Find a Way"
- [02:34 ] Creating a wall of goals
- [08:20 ] The significance of helping others
- [10:56 ] Controlling the mind and developing resilience
- [17:03 ] The value of taking ownership
- [19:28 ] Building confidence through action
- [21:32 ] Merril's personal story about the value of taking a positive initial step, even if it's a small one
- [25:59 ] The concept of "we are what we repeatedly do"
- [28:13 ] The value of self-reflection
- [29:42 ] Finding peace and fulfillment with one's efforts
- [05:50 ] “No matter what I'm dealing with, and what my challenge is, what my goal might be, I do something about the circumstance.” – Merril
- [06:20 ] “I don't think anybody can change another person's mind. So the best thing you could possibly do for somebody is open their mind.”- Merril
- [31:05 ] “When you work on the personal things in your life, nobody's going to hand you a trophy and a great job. But you can be rewarded with things like peace and joy and happiness.” – Merril
- [31:51 ] "I did my part, I got everything out of my God-given ability. That's what great peace is. – Merril
Merril Hoge is a renowned international speaker, best-selling author, former NFL running back, on-air commentator, and passionate advocate for numerous causes. He possesses a profound ability to ignite inspiration within audiences. Guided by a powerful mantra, "Find. A. Way.," Merril has seamlessly woven it into the fabric of his life and illustrious career. Today, he extends the reach of this transformative message, spreading hope and resilience to people across the globe.
Resources and Links
- Join the Win Monday Community: https://www.paulepsteinspeaks.com/win-monday
- Take the Confidence Quiz: https://www.paulepsteinspeaks.com/confidence-quiz