The truth about menopause supplements
It’s no wonder that a huge selection of supplements claim to relieve menopause’s unpleasant effects. But do they actually work? Which products are backed by clinical evidence, and which are just “menowashing”?
In today’s short episode of ZOE Science & Nutrition, Jonathan and Dr. Sarah Berry ask: What’s the evidence behind menopause supplements?
Follow ZOE on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zoe/
Download our FREE guide — Top 10 Tips to Live Healthier: https://zoe.com/freeguide
Mentioned in today’s episode:
- Introduction to menopause from John Hopkins Medicine
- What is menopause? from The National Institute on Aging
- What you should know about hormone therapy and menopause from the Columbia University Irving Medical Centre
- Menopause symptoms in depth from the National Center For Complementary and Integrative Health
- Menopause supplements: Effectiveness, side effects, and safety from Medical News Today
- The role of diet in managing menopause symptoms from Nutrition Bulletin
- Revealing the evidence-based diet solutions to managing your menopause symptoms from Nutrition Bulletin
Episode transcripts are available here.
Is there a nutrition topic you’d like us to explore? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to cover it.