#46 BDSM 101: No 50 Shades of Grey B******t with Dan and Dawn
On the show today we welcome Dan and Dawn Williams, master-slave couple, kink enthusiasts podcast hosts and authors of the new book Living M/S! Our guests unpack their own experiences of discovering their submissive and dominant sides and how they found each other and each other's limits.
They explain some basics about the master-slave dynamic and how it fits into the broader world of BDSM and kink play. They explain the important role of trust and the things that are pivotal in making a relationship like theirs work. We talk a bit about the events, parties and activities which they enjoy and Dan and Dawn are so open and honest, explaining the erotic nature of their lives.
The conversation also covers, shame, abusive relationships and how sharing stories, using cards and watching porn can help certain couples.
Key Points From This Episode
- Dan and Dawn's awakening to their dominant and submissive sides.
- A little bit about how their master-salve relationship works.
- Earning trust and taking responsibility for mistakes.
- Contrasting Dawns and Dan's average day with other relationships.
- Parties, dungeons and the BDSM play that the couple enjoy.
- The parts of play that each of them engage with.
- Considering the erotic and non-erotic elements of play.
- Some of the issues of shame related to submission.
- Comparing a sub-dom relationship with an abusive relationship.
- The helpful act of sharing naughty stories and porn.
- And much more!
“In our case, it happens to be a male led relationship where I happen to be in charge. What that means is that I take responsibility for everything in the relationship.” [0:03:45 ]
“If something needs to be addressed, it’s addressed head on instead of sideways. It’s a very authentic relationship where we’ve decided, what do we want this relationship to be.” [0:11:05 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Bad Girls Bible Newsletter — https://badgirlsbible.com/newsletter
Erotic Awakening Podcast — http://www.eroticawakening.com
Dan and Dawn Email — email@example.com.
The Kink Starter — http://www.eroticawakening.com/kinkstarter/