TMHS 628: Improve Your Energy, Balance Stress, & Enhance Immunity Using Adaptogens - With Tero Isokauppila
While new advances to medicine are exciting, there is also a profound wisdom in ancient healing practices. Although the term “adaptogen” wasn’t coined until the 1940s, adaptogenic substances have been a long-standing staple for promoting healing and balance in both Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese medicine.
Adaptogens are a class of plants and mushrooms that can aid the body’s responses to both physical and mental stressors. And at a time when so many folks are struggling with high levels of stress and susceptibility to both chronic and infectious diseases, there’s never been a better time to help restore balance to our bodies. Today, you’re going to learn from one of the leading experts on adaptogens: Tero Isokauppila.
Tero is a bestselling author and the founder of Four Sigmatic, a company that specializes in making superfoods and adaptogens accessible and easy. In this interview, Tero is sharing some of the world’s most healing adaptogens, and how to implement them into your routine. You’ll learn about how adaptogens support the body on a systemic level, why immunomodulatory adaptogens are a powerful tool, and so much more. So click play, listen in, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What percentage of physician visits are related to stress.
- How humans’ exposure to stress has evolved over time.
- The definition of adaptogen and the history of adaptogenic substances.
- Three properties of an adaptogen.
- How adaptogens work systemically.
- What the HPA axis is and how it works in the body.
- How stressful situations can impact your nutritional needs.
- The connection between gut health and mood.
- Specific adaptogens that contain melanin, and their benefits.
- The powerful health benefits of chocolate.
- Why most reishi supplements on the market are ineffective.
- What dual extraction is, and why it matters.
- How cordyceps and coffee work synergistically.
- The benefits of utilizing ashwagandha.
- Why it’s dangerous to promote eliminating food groups.
- How low-level toxins can actually make you more resilient.
- The immunomodulatory effects of chaga.
- Why becoming adaptable is more important than ever.
- A conversation on elimination diets and food sensitivities.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 15% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Mismanagement of the Human Mind with Dr. Caroline Leaf – Episode 623
- The Truth About Naps & Sleep Tips for Parents – Episode 225
- The Connection Between Fungi, Skin Health, and Weight Loss with Tero Isokauppila
- Healing Mushrooms by Tero Isokauppila
- Healing Adaptogens by Tero Isokauppila
- Connect with Tero Isokauppila Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: