TMHS 661: Eat These Foods To Extend Your Lifespan & Stay Young Forever - With Dr. Mark Hyman
Getting older is a natural part of the human lifespan. But getting older does not have to include common aging-related illnesses like neurodegenerative diseases, cardiovascular events, or osteoporosis. The key to feeling younger, stronger, and healthier lies in the choices we make every day, like our diet, movement practices, and our connection to others.
Dr. Mark Hyman is one of the most influential voices in the field of functional medicine and a proponent for eating for health and longevity. He is the host of The Doctor’s Farmacy Podcast, founder and director of the UltraWellness Center, and a repeat New York Times bestselling author. In his new book, Young Forever, Dr. Hyman outlines the body’s innate healing mechanisms, the true causes of our common causes of death, and actionable steps you can take to prevent disease and promote longevity.
Today, Dr. Hyman is back on The Model Health Show to share incredible insights on aging, longevity, and true health. You’re going to learn key principles like the hallmarks of aging, the human body’s natural healing pathways, and how to achieve optimal health through simple and accessible lifestyle changes. As always, Dr. Hyman is sharing the cutting-edge science, along with empowering lifestyle tips you can use to restore your health.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The principles of longevity that we can learn from the Blue Zones.
- How having meaning and purpose can extend your lifespan.
- What phytochemicals are, and how they activate longevity switches.
- The difference between the science of disease and the science of health.
- What the hallmarks of aging are.
- The science of telomeres and how they impact lifespan.
- How to reset your body’s innate healing pathways.
- The root causes of common chronic illnesses.
- What zombie cells are.
- The healing benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Why the timing of eating matters for longevity.
- The hunger-obesity paradox in the United States.
- Why food can be the most powerful medicine.
- The link between obesity and COVID-19 outcomes.
- What the epigenome is.
- Three things you can do to promote longevity.
- How to incorporate positive stress into your routine.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Young Forever by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Molecules of Emotion by Dr. Candace Pert
- The Link Between Coronavirus Deaths and Those French Fries – Boston Globe
- Connect with Dr. Mark Hyman Website / Podcast / Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: