TMHS 723: How To Create A New Culture Of Health For Your Family
Every family has its own microculture: a set of beliefs, habits, values, and traditions. Among the numerous external factors that can influence your health and wellbeing, the culture in your household can have a monumental impact on your daily habits. But unlike many other environmental influences, you have the power to intentionally mold your family’s culture.
This episode is my interview on Ever Forward Radio with Chase Chewning. I’m diving into topics like how your environment shapes your behaviors, and the power we each have to create a culture of health in our families. You’ll hear about the importance of contribution and serving others and the innate connection between relationships, food, and health outcomes.
The best way to begin shifting our culture at large is to start with what we can control: ourselves and our own homes. I hope this episode empowers you to cultivate a family culture of wellness, and arms you with the information and tools you need to positively impact the world around you. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why being of service to others is a superpower.
- The hard truth about making changes and improving your health.
- How your environment dictates your behavior.
- The impact that culture has on willpower.
- What the tube torus is.
- The upstream effects that movement can have on your mind.
- Why prioritizing your health can help you be a better parent.
- The problem with the US pharmaceutical industry.
- How many Americans die each year from prescription drugs.
- The vicious cycle of neuroinflammation, excess body fat, and insulin resistance.
- How placebo drugs work, and the power of human psychology.
- The number of American citizens that are overweight or obese.
- Which compounds in non-stick cookware are harming your health.
- How to choose cookware for safe and healthy cooking.
- The power in controlling the controllables.
- How eating with your family can improve your health outcomes.
- The most powerful thing you can do to create a culture of health and wellness.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Get 15% off any subscription + free shipping!
- Ettitude.com/model -- Use the coupon code model15 for 15% off organic bedding!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder your copy today & claim your free bonuses!
- Ever Forward Radio with Chase Chewning
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: