Pivot Your Dreams to Achieve Business Success / Startup Stories / with Joshua Littlejohn
Most entrepreneurs have to pivot their dreams in order to achieve business success.
Entrepreneur, Joshua Littlejohn, learned to pivot his dreams to achieve business success. You'll hear advice on his success strategies, habits, and mindsets, including insights on networking, being deliberate when it comes to skill development and the benefits of running your business so that it looks like a large corporation.
Joshua Littlejohn is a Canadian entrepreneur, marketer, and author. In January of 2017, he launched Norgress, an Edmonton- based technology company where he currently serves as the chief executive officer. He is also the author of "The Marketing Fallacy: How Any Small Business Can Look Like A Large Corporation, Without The Large Costs". Joshua believes any small business can look like a large corporation without the large costs to experience the benefits that go along with it.
"It's funny, the older you get, you really do pivot on your dreams. Whether it's a case where you realize, okay, it's just not going to work. Or somewhere along the line, you lose motivation." - Joshua Littlejohn
In this episode with Joshua:
- Joshua's passion for social upliftment and progressive ideals and values. (4:20 )
- Benefits Joshua has experienced by running his company so that it looks like a large corporation. (7:16 )
- Why there are businesses that will see their best milestones during COVID-19. (8:41 )
- What inspired Joshua's work ethic and passion for community upliftment. (10:19 )
- Joshua's advice on how to know if you should focus on building the brand of your business or your personal brand. (12:06 )
- What Joshua found challenging in becoming an entrepreneur. (14:07 )
- How Joshua managed to grow his company Norgress into the success that it is today. (15:43 )
- How Joshua started to pivot for his dreams. (18:14 )
- How to approach networking to build relationships like Joshua does. (20:27 )
- How Joshua was deliberate from a young age to challenge himself to step outside his comfort zone. (23:15 )
- The habits Joshua has to manage his health and energy. (25:37 )
- A mindset Joshua recommends for whatever habits you choose to have. (26:44 )
- How Joshua uses his values in his hiring strategy and to select partners or team members. (27:53 )
- How to get a free copy of Joshua's book, The Marketing Fallacy' - the ebook and the audiobook. (30:00 )
Full show notes, the transcript, resources, and how you can connect with Joshua, can be found here: https://www.startingadvantage.com/33
Enjoyed this episode? Please leave a review to support the show on your favourite podcast player.