283: Disney's social dumpster fire, Anom phones, and TikTok tragedies
A self-proclaimed "super hacker" causes problems in the Magic Kingdom, criminals regret trusting Anom phones, and lawsuits are filed against TikTok.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Scott McCrady, the CEO of SolCyber Managed Security Services.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/284 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Anna Brading and Scott McCrady.
- Snyk: The Secure Developer is a conversational and insightful podcast, that bridges the gap between dev and sec. Hosted by Guy Podjarny, one of the guys behind Snyk, it's a security podcast that developers will enjoy listening to and learning from.
They have already released over 100 episodes, and I think many of you would get a lot from listening to it too.
Check out The Secure Developer podcast at smashingsecurity.com/thesecuredeveloper
- SolCyber: If the bad guys aren’t being discriminating about who they’re attacking, how can you settle for anything less than Fortune 500 level security?
SolCyber delivers Fortune 500 level cybersecurity for small and medium-sized enterprises. When you’re being targeted by the same bad guys, nothing else will do. A curated stack of leading technologies and around-the-clock SOC support, all simply priced per user. Let SolCyber do the heavy lifting.
- Bitwarden: A password manager is an important tool for generating and saving secure credentials for every online account. Bitwarden makes it easy to stay secure and for businesses to share logins with team members and departments. Open source with published 3rd party security audits, Bitwarden is transparent and secure, utilizing end-to-end and zero knowledge encryption with source code that can be scrutinized by all.
Learn how Bitwarden can help you do business faster and more securely at bitwarden.com/smashing and start a free business plan trial today.
- Official Disneyland Instagram Account Hacked This Morning! — The Disney blog.
- Disneyland social media accounts hacked, offensive messages posted — Hot for Security.
- We Got the Phone the FBI Secretly Sold to Criminals — Vice.
- Parents Sue TikTok, Saying Children Died After Viewing ‘Blackout Challenge’ — The New York Times.
- Lawmakers Want Social Media Companies to Stop Getting Kids Hooked — Wired.
- How Social Media Tricks Us Into Thinking We Are Paying Attention — Forbes.
- Facebook could be sued for addicting children under California bill — Ars Technica.
- Kids Are Using Social Media More Than Ever, Study Finds — New York Times.
- 2021 Facebook leak — Wikipedia.
- California Parents Could Soon Sue for Social Media Addiction — Gizmodo.
- Absurd Trolley Problems.
- Weird or Confusing.
- Google Quick, Draw!
- Unfinished London — Jay Foreman on YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)