283: Disney's social dumpster fire, Anom phones, and TikTok tragedies
A self-proclaimed "super hacker" causes problems in the Magic Kingdom, criminals regret trusting Anom phones, and lawsuits are filed against TikTok.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Scott McCrady, the CEO of SolCyber Managed Security Services.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Official Disneyland Instagram Account Hacked This Morning! — The Disney blog.
- Disneyland social media accounts hacked, offensive messages posted — Hot for Security.
- We Got the Phone the FBI Secretly Sold to Criminals — Vice.
- Parents Sue TikTok, Saying Children Died After Viewing ‘Blackout Challenge’ — The New York Times.
- Lawmakers Want Social Media Companies to Stop Getting Kids Hooked — Wired.
- How Social Media Tricks Us Into Thinking We Are Paying Attention — Forbes.
- Facebook could be sued for addicting children under California bill — Ars Technica.
- Kids Are Using Social Media More Than Ever, Study Finds — New York Times.
- 2021 Facebook leak — Wikipedia.
- California Parents Could Soon Sue for Social Media Addiction — Gizmodo.
- Absurd Trolley Problems.
- Weird or Confusing.
- Google Quick, Draw!
- Unfinished London — Jay Foreman on YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- The Secure Developer – A conversational and insightful podcast, that bridges the gap between dev and sec, from Snyk.
- SolCyber - SolCyber delivers Fortune 500 level cybersecurity for small and medium-sized enterprises. If the bad guys aren’t being discriminating about who they’re attacking, how can you settle for anything less?
Support the show:
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!